We are running the following competitions during the festival.
1) Children's Wheelbarrow Competition, 6th & 7th July
For the 6th year running, the prestigious Caerphilly Flower Festival will include the very popular Children’s Floral Wheelbarrow Competition. The theme this year is Children's Storytime looking at some of the classics as well as the popular modern tales.
The competition is open to individuals and organisations as long as the participants are under 16. The wheelbarrows will be displayed at the Caerphilly Tourist Information Centre during the Saturday & Sunday of the event. Visitors to the festival will be able to vote for their favourite Floral wheelbarrow and there will be a fantastic prize for the winning entry.
Business Enterprise Support Team
Tredomen Business & Technology Centre
The closing date for entries will be the 28th June 2013.
Categories will be determined nearer the event and prizes will be dependant on the entrant’s ages. There will be one winner from each category and they will receive vouchers for Argos or WH Smith.
- Organisations/Individuals will be required to provide their own Floral Wheelbarrow; this can be of steel or timber construction.
- Completed wheel barrows must be delivered to Caerphilly Tourist Information Centre by 4.00pm on Thursday 4th July. The wheelbarrows will be displayed on Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th July for voting and will be on display only Friday 5th July for a preliminary viewing day.
- Council staff will look after the Floral Wheelbarrows, store them overnight and return them for display each day.
- Stewarding staff will facilitate and manage the judging element of the competition and Business Support Team will inform all organisations of the winner as soon as possible after the event.
- Organisations must make arrangements to collect their floral wheelbarrows from the display area between 4.00pm and 5.00pm on Sunday evening of the 7th July or by 5.00pm on Monday 8th July at the latest.
- Please label up your wheelbarrow with the organisations name.
- Please remember this is a children's competition. We will determine age categories for prizes, if necessary, following an analysis of entries received.
- Children up to and including 16 years of age can submit entries.
2) Photography Competition
Email in your favourite pictures from the event to be entered into a prize draw. Last year we received some great entries, so bring your camera along and take some floral snaps and email them to email@example.com. Deadline for entries is Friday 12th June. The winner along with second and third place will receive a voucher for WHSmith or Argos.
3) Children's Treasure Hunt Competition
This is fun activity for the children to participate in. Get you children looking for the clues hidden around the Caerphilly Visitor Centre and the churches. Entry forms are available for collection at the Caerphilly Visitor Centre and the churches on the day of the event. All forms should then be returned to the centre during the event and they will be entered into a prize draw. The winner will receive vouchers for WHSmith or Argos.
We look forward to receiving your entries soon.