We are running the following competitions during the festival.
1) Children's Wheelbarrow Competition, 6th & 7th July
For the 6th year running, the prestigious Caerphilly Flower Festival will include the very popular Children’s Floral Wheelbarrow Competition. The theme this year is celebration and poetry so think explosions of colour and flowery pose.
The competition is open to individuals and organisations as long as the participants are under 16. The wheelbarrows will be displayed at the Caerphilly Tourist Information Centre during the In Bloom flower festival, visitors to the festival and other events taking place will be able to vote for their favourite Floral wheelbarrow and there will be a fantastic prize for the winning entry.
Business Enterprise Support Team
Tredomen Business & Technology Centre
The closing date for entries will be the 28th June 2013. Visitors to the Flower Festival will be able to vote for their favourite Floral Wheelbarrow and there will be a fantastic prize for the winning entry.
Categories will be determined nearer the event and prizes will be dependant on the entrant’s ages. There will be one winner from each category and they will receive vouchers for Early Learning Centre or Argos or WH Smith.
- Organisations/Individuals will be required to provide their own Floral Wheel Barrow; this can be of steel or timber construction.
- Completed wheel barrows must be delivered to Caerphilly Tourist Information Centre – Lower Plateau by 9am on Saturday 6th July where they will be displayed from 10am on Saturday 6th July until 4pm on Sunday 7th July.
- Council Staff will look after the Floral Wheel Barrows, store them overnight and return them for display for the Sunday of the event.
- Parks Services Staff will facilitate and manage the judging element of the competition and notify all organisations of the winner as soon as possible after the event.
- Organisations must make arrangements to collect their Floral Wheel Barrows from the display area between 4pm & 5pm on Sunday evening of the 7th of July.
- Photographs of the winning entry will form part of the Parks Services ‘Wales in Bloom' 2013 entry. Please label up you barrow with the organisations name.
- Please remember this is a children's competition. We will determine age categories for prizes, if necessary, following an analysis of entries received.
- Children up to and including 16 years of age can submit entries.
- A collection / delivery service is available is required.
2) Photography Competition
Email in your favourite pictures from the event to be entered into a prize draw. Last year we received some great entries, so bring your camera along and take some floral snaps and email them to email@example.com. Deadline for entries is Friday 1st June. The winner will receive a one year family membership to all CADW attractions which also includes 50% off English Heritage sites and Historic Scotland sites. Second and Third prizes will be vouchers for a local garden centre.
3) Children's Treasure Hunt Competition
This is fun activity for the children to participate in. Get you children looking for the clues hidden around the event site and the churches. Entry forms are available for collection at the Visit Caerphilly Centre on the day of the event. All forms should then be returned to the centre during the event and they will be entered into a prize draw. The winner will receive a free Sunday lunch for a family of four at Llancaiach Fawr Manor, along with free entry into the Manor.